Winning an Oscar is a lifelong dream for many in the entertainment industry. The ultimate recognition in world cinema, the Academy Awards serve as a symbol of excellence and achievement in the field of filmmaking. With years of hard work and dedication, artists and filmmakers aim to create works of art that will be acknowledged by the Academy.
Today, the 95th Oscars ceremony was held at the Dolby Theater in Los Angeles, with Jimmy Kimmel as the host. The event brought together some of the most talented individuals from the film industry, all hoping to walk away with the coveted golden statuette. For those who have won an Oscar, it is a moment of unparalleled joy and pride, a culmination of years of hard work and sacrifice. And for those who are yet to win, the Oscars remain a symbol of hope and inspiration, driving them to continue pushing the boundaries of their art.
The English film “Everything Everywhere All At Once” received 11 nominations and took home 7 awards, cementing its place as a top contender. Additionally, Indian cinema received a major accolade with the song “Naatu Naatu” from “RRR” winning the Best Original Song category.
Here is a list of the talented individuals who were honored with awards across various categories at the 95th Academy Awards.
- Animated Feature Film – Pinocchio
- Actor In A Supporting Role – Ke Huy Quan
- (Everything Everywhere All At Once)
- Actress In A Supporting Role – Jamie Lee Curtis (Everything Everywhere All At Once)
- Documentary Feature Film – Navalny
- Live Action Short Film – An Irish Goodbye
- Cinematography – James Friend (All Quiet On The Western Front)
- Makeup And Hairstyling – The Whale (Adrien Morot, Judy Chin and Annemarie Bradley)
- Costume Design – Ruth Carter (Black Panther: Wakanda Forever)
- International Feature Film – All Quiet On The Western Front
- Documentary Short Film – The Elephant Whispers (Kartiki Gonsalves and Guneet Monga)
- Animated Short Film – The Boy, The Mole, The Fox And The Horse
- Production Design – All Quiet On The Western Front (Production Design: Christian M. Goldbeck; Set Decoration: Ernestine Hipper)
- Original Score – All Quiet On The Western Front (Volker Bertelmann)
- Visual Effects – Avatar The Way Of Water (Joe Letteri, Richard Baneham, Eric Saindon, and Daniel Barrett)
- Original Screenplay – Everything Everywhere All At Once
- Adapted Screenplay – Women Talking (Sarah Polley)
- Sound – Top Gun: Maverick (Mark Weingarten, James H. Mather, Al Nelson, Chris Burdon, and Mark Taylor)
- Original Song – Naatu Naatu (RRR)
- Film Editing – Everything Everywhere All At Once
- Directing – Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert (Everything Everywhere All At Once)
- Actor In A Leading Role – Brendan Fraser (The Whale)
- Actress In A Leading Role – Michelle Yeoh (Everything Everywhere All At Once)
- Best Picture – Everything Everywhere All At Once